Website earlham1847 Office of the Academic Dean
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), hourly staff position with a full benefits package. The starting rate of pay is $16.00 per hour, with an increase to $16.50 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period.
The Senior Administrative Assistant to the Dean is the primary staff support person to the Academic Dean of Earlham College.
Primary duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support to the Academic Dean of Earlham College.
- Maintain the Academic Dean’s calendar.
- Create and maintain all Academic Affairs files.
- Collect and prepare materials for the Academic Affairs portion of the Board Book.
- Provide receptionist and secretarial duties: answer and direct questions from faculty, staff and other campus guests via phone, email and in person. Order supplies and specialty equipment.
- Collaborate with Executive Assistant to the President as needed.
- Manage the Professional Development Funds process and procedures for the Teaching Faculty.
- Manage the National Conference Travel Fund and the Faculty Start-up Funds
- Manage evaluation process including soliciting and receiving materials, scheduling meetings, and maintaining all relevant files in strict adherence to process coordinating with FAC and the Academic Dean.
- Organize and coordinate all Budgets for the Office of the Academic Dean and Academic Department Budgets
- Work with the Dean, FISC, and search committees to arrange interviews with teaching faculty candidates.
- Maintain financial records and files (invoices, purchase orders, credit card purchases, check warrants and petty cash).
- Reformat, create and proofread documents, curriculum materials, equipment manuals, letters, grant applications, newsletters, etc.
- Make photocopies and scan documents.
- Organize travel, lodging, registration, meetings etc., for the Academic Dean and for visitors to campus as needed.
- Organize departmental gatherings, retirement gatherings, and other gatherings as requested by the Dean
- Take initiative and design new routines and materials that support the ongoing work of the teaching faculty.
- Assist department in maintaining the calendar of events & tasks throughout the year.
- In general, help maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certification is required; an associate degree or one to two years of experience working in a post-secondary academic environment is preferred.
- Computer training in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), and ability to learn other computer software programs; facility with basic HTML for web pages, email and calendar.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, ability to multitask: handling several responsibilities at one time with potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Must be able to work with people from around the world, including those with limited skills in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette skills to maintain a humane and friendly atmosphere.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to confidential matters.
Please submit the following application materials in a single electronic file:
- Cover letter;
- Statement on Diversity: The Statement on Diversity should describe how your values and leadership frame or center Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in your work.
- Contact information for three references.
All materials should be submitted to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: [email protected].
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@earlham.edu