Website earlham1847 Office of Public Safety
Earlham College invites applications for Officers in the Department of Public Safety. These are part-time (24 hours per week) staff positions. Part-Time Officers will primarily work nights and weekends including holidays, shifts may vary to provide relief coverage for all shifts, and for events.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Patrolling and observing all areas of the campus.
- Providing a safe environment for students, employees and visitors.
- Securing and protecting buildings, equipment, and other assets of the College.
- Providing prompt, qualified assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations, parking enforcement, investigation of incidents and preparation of detailed, accurate incident reports.
Experience and qualifications
- Attainment of high school diploma or GED.
- Experience in the human services or public safety field.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and maintain a working knowledge of departmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to think and act quickly and professionally in sensitive situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other Public Safety staff, College employees and local law enforcement officials.
- Ability to work and communicate well with college-aged adults in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis to cover mandatory minimum staffing needs as they arise.
- Computer proficiency is preferred.
- Applicants with previous First Responder experience will be strongly considered.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as assist in the supervision of student staff.
- Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF file to:
Office of Human Resources
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Email: [email protected]
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment is contingent on a background check and passing a physical exam.