Website earlham1847 Office of Marketing and Communications
The Multimedia Producer/Videographer brings the Earlham story to life by overseeing the strategic development, management and delivery of multimedia assets. This position will handle a range of storytelling assignments — through video, audio, and digital platforms — for the Office of Marketing and Communications as well as College constituents.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conceive and develop creative and compelling multimedia content to support the Earlham brand and the College’s strategic goals. This includes but is not limited to video, audio, and/or interactive digital assets for internal and external audiences.
- Assess project goals and determine the appropriate assets or deliverables necessary to meet those goals (e.g. video, podcast, drone footage, interactive graphic, etc.)
- Follow each project through from concept to completion. This may include collaboration with other members of the Marketing and Communications staff on the production of scripts and storyboards, the identification of graphic design needs, scheduling and project management.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to create content for and upload content to the College’s social media channels.
- Plan and perform video editing and post-production tasks, including reviewing footage; making editorial decisions; logging; rough cuts; audio adjustment; color correction; adding photographs, motion graphics, animation, audio and music; final editing in accordance with the overall production concepts; compress/encode video projects for output; and make video products available in a variety of formats.
- Record interviews with students, staff, faculty, alumni, college partners, and others and ensure that valuable sound-bites are captured.
- Scout shoot locations for photography, drone and video work.
- Stay up-to-date about audio and video production technology and distribution. Identify emerging technologies and platforms and assess their potential for opportunities to increase engagement and brand awareness.
- Ensure all video and audio assets meet accessibility guidelines.
- Organize and maintain the audio and video assets archive, as well as the online platforms? in a consistent way that enables easy identification and access.
- Strategically develop, implement and maintain the College’s YouTube account to grow its role in the College’s recruitment strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Experience as a multimedia designer and/or videographer and a portfolio of your work
- A love for creative storytelling and a commitment to quality.
- Experience operating a drone for video/photo purposes.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Strong skills in video and audio production, including recording and editing, and web distribution.
- Advanced skills with After Effects, and Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other major trade software.
- Strong project management, design, research and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to help guide others and adapt to changing conditions with ease.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that facilitate departmental and college-wide collaboration.
- Ability to work outside traditional business hours (occasional nights and weekends) as necessary.
Please submit the following application materials in a single electronic file:
- Cover letter
- Statement on Diversity: The Statement on Diversity should describe how your values and leadership frame or center Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in your work.
- Contact information for three references
All materials should be submitted to the Earlham College Office of Human Resources at [email protected].
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com