Website earlham1847 EPIC Centers for Recruitment
The Assistant (or Associate) Director of Center Recruiting is charged with a primary focus on student retention and recruitment for the Centers; specifically, the Center for Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Creativity, the Center for Environmental Leadership, the Center for Global Health and the Center for Social Justice. In addition, the Assistant Director will be responsible for internal and external publicity of the Centers’ programming and events and for planning and administering targeted events and programs during the academic year.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Develop and coordinate recruitment, tracking and retention efforts for the Centers in partnership with the Earlham College Admissions Office and in consultation with the Center Directors. This will include occasional travel to regional high schools, community colleges and other off-campus sites. Expand and retain the Centers recruitment pool using data analytics and student tracking.
- Create, manage, and maintain EPIC’S social media presence- develop recruitment focused social media strategies and content.
- Coordinate the development of the Centers tracking and communication process for prospective students, current students, and alumni.
- Partner with the Earlham College Admissions Office to develop consistent and effective messaging to prospective students and their families and to campus guests.
- Champion and manage current Centers programming well suited for student recruitment and retention efforts; e.g., Tallo and Welcome To College.
- Manage the SLATE content management system to help achieve key admissions metrics; e.g.,vis-à-vis prospective students and the “admissions funnel” of inquiry to contact, contacts to interviews, interviews to applications, application to deposits, deposits to enrollment. The recruiter will utilize strategic correspondence, read prospective student files, and help to make decisions regarding prospective students vis-à-vis facilitating the prospective student selecting Earlham College.
- Develop key reports to supervisors; e.g., the “Center Admissions Dashboard”
- Work with CoLab team members; e.g., the CoLab Project Manager and the CoLab Office Manager.
- Work with and supervise student workers.
- Assistant/Associate level will be determined commensurate with experience
Experience and qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and management skills essential. High degree of motivation and ability to function within a diverse team approach required.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds.
- Must be a self-starter, and committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Must quickly develop high visibility among on-campus constituents.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Use of CRM database programs as well as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preference to candidates with knowledge of higher education student recruitment environment and strategy.
- A minimum of two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, or related experience in another non-profit position.
- Experience with Slate CRM a plus.
Please submit the following application materials in a single electronic file:
- Cover letter;
- Statement on Diversity: The Statement on Diversity should describe how your values and leadership frame or center Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in your work.
- Contact information for three references.
All materials should be submitted to the Earlham College Office of Human Resources at [email protected].
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com